phimu
Phi Mu was founded in 1852 at Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia by Mary Ann (Dupont) Lines, Mary Elizabeth (Myrick) Daniel and Martha Bibb (Hardaway) Redding. It began as the Philomathean Society, a literary society, and is the second oldest secret society for women in the nation. The Philomathean Society became Phi Mu Fraternity in 1904.
The Kappa Eta Chapter of Phi Mu was founded on Nicholls State University's campus officially in 1967. It was the first Greek organization on campus for women and was second only to Phi Kappa Theta Fraternity, which was founded only a few months earlier. Dr. Bonnie Bourg, a Phi Mu alumna and Dean of Women's Studies, hand selected the members of the chartering class.